New Marston Pre-School is set in a purpose-built foundation stage unit within St Michael’s CE Primary School, Oxford and offers a safe, stimulating and fun learning environment that encourages children to explore and experiment, be creative and develop their skills as they play. It is a parent-run organisation and the management committee is a collection of parents who support the staff in the running of the Pre-School.
- Children may start from age 3 (rising 3 subject to availability)
- Priority is given to children who live in the catchment area of St Michael’s CE Primary School according to age
- Pre-School is open Monday to Thursday 9am to 3pm and Friday morning 9am-12pm
- Morning sessions 9am to 12pm, afternoon sessions 12pm to 3pm
- Children attending in the year before starting school can stay for full days 9am-3pm and should bring a packed lunch
- All children must attend a minimum of 15 hours per week
Inside we have a large bright room with adjoining cloakroom and accessible cloakroom facilities. We have designated areas for literacy, creative play, knowledge and understanding and problem solving, reasoning and numeracy. We also have a home corner, story corner and dressing up area.
There is plenty of space outside for the children to explore, with features including a sand pit, climbing frame with slide, balance beams and ride-on toys. The outside area is shared with St Michael’s Reception Class.