New Marston Pre-School is set in a purpose-built foundation stage unit within St Michael’s CE Primary School, Oxford and offers a safe, stimulating and fun learning environment that encourages children to explore and experiment, be creative and develop their skills as they play. It is a parent-run organisation and the management committee is a collection of parents who support the staff in the running of the Pre-School.
- Children may start from age 3 (rising 3 if spaces are available)
- Priority is given to children who live in the catchment area of St Michael’s CE Primary School according to age
- Morning sessions Monday to Friday, 9 am to 12 pm
- Afternoon sessions Monday to Wednesday, 1 pm to 3 pm
- Children may attend for between 4 and 6 sessions per week (with a maximum of 3 full days, subject to availability)
- Lunch club Monday to Wednesday for older children who stay all day
Inside we have a large bright room with adjoining cloakroom and accessible cloakroom facilities. We have designated areas for literacy, creative play, knowledge and understanding and problem solving, reasoning and numeracy. We also have a home corner, story corner and dressing up area.
There is plenty of space outside for the children to explore, with features including a sand pit, climbing frame with slide, balance beams and ride-on toys. The outside area is shared with St Michael’s Reception Class.